What I wouldn't do to have you back ...
What we didn't do to help you stay ...
Your absence is felt throughout ...
This will never be okay.
6 comments:
Anonymous
said...
My heart breaks for you. You have my deepest sympathy and I think of her often though I never met her, just watched her cheer and smile from the stands of an opposing team. She did radiate JOY.
Lifting you and your entire family up numerous times a day as I look at my "Amanda bracelet." May His comfort envelope you here until you're with Amanda again.
Larry, I KNOW how you feel. My mom died of cancer, my grandmother died of cancer, my father died of cancer and I have personally witnessed the ravages of cancer throughout my adult life. So, I am VERY familiar with the way you feel. I know when my mom died, I felt like part of me died as well and no matter what I did, I couldn't get that feeling of "life" back. However, through much prayer and self-reflection, God showed me what not only what my mom had waiting for her, but what is waiting for me. Not some "pie in the sky" type stuff, but Jesus Christ AND all of Eternity. Think of it: anything and everything you've EVER wanted all wrapped up in a Saviour. There will be happiness beyond ALL understanding. There will be freedom from fear of every kind, freedom from pain, death and every kind of misery. We will be in Heaven SO LONG that we will actually FORGET everything about this life. It won't take long for me to forget this life: maybe 2 hours. Bottom line, Larry: keep your eyes on Christ and all that He represents and offers. Amanda , my family, and EVERY OTHER SAINT that has ever lived anxiously awaits the end of this world and the beginning of the next. Look up, Larry for VERY SOON SOON YOUR REDEMPTION WILL COME.
Losing a parent and grandparent is heartbreaking, but in nature's order, it is something expected. Losing a child is devastating. It goes against nature that a child passes away before her parent. It is not expected. It is something we never ever get over. As Anonymous said, "No words can fix it". No words can make it "better". Only time, prayer, and love of family and friends can help ease your broken hearts. Your tremendous pain is equivalent to your tremendous love for your daughter. You will always miss her and grieve for her. Someday, though, your pain and grief will be tolerable. No one knows the pain of losing a child except those who lost one. I pray for comfort for you and your family.
6 comments:
My heart breaks for you. You have my deepest sympathy and I think of her often though I never met her, just watched her cheer and smile from the stands of an opposing team. She did radiate JOY.
No words can fix it. Just know you have friends who care and continue to lift you up. Thanks for sharing your heart. Elaine
Lifting you and your entire family up numerous times a day as I look at my "Amanda bracelet." May His comfort envelope you here until you're with Amanda again.
Larry, I KNOW how you feel. My mom died of cancer, my grandmother died of cancer, my father died of cancer and I have personally witnessed the ravages of cancer throughout my adult life. So, I am VERY familiar with the way you feel. I know when my mom died, I felt like part of me died as well and no matter what I did, I couldn't get that feeling of "life" back. However, through much prayer and self-reflection, God showed me what not only what my mom had waiting for her, but what is waiting for me. Not some "pie in the sky" type stuff, but Jesus Christ AND all of Eternity. Think of it: anything and everything you've EVER wanted all wrapped up in a Saviour. There will be happiness beyond ALL understanding. There will be freedom from fear of every kind, freedom from pain, death and every kind of misery. We will be in Heaven SO LONG that we will actually FORGET everything about this life. It won't take long for me to forget this life: maybe 2 hours. Bottom line, Larry: keep your eyes on Christ and all that He represents and offers. Amanda , my family, and EVERY OTHER SAINT that has ever lived anxiously awaits the end of this world and the beginning of the next. Look up, Larry for VERY SOON SOON YOUR REDEMPTION WILL COME.
Losing a parent and grandparent is heartbreaking, but in nature's order, it is something expected. Losing a child is devastating. It goes against nature that a child passes away before her parent. It is not expected. It is something we never ever get over. As Anonymous said, "No words can fix it". No words can make it "better". Only time, prayer, and love of family and friends can help ease your broken hearts. Your tremendous pain is equivalent to your tremendous love for your daughter. You will always miss her and grieve for her. Someday, though, your pain and grief will be tolerable. No one knows the pain of losing a child except those who lost one. I pray for comfort for you and your family.
Reply to the most recent comment made by Anonymous at 5:29 p.m. ...
Thank you very much for your words of wisdom. Loosing a child is in every way wrong.
God bless.
Post a Comment